We wanted to share the extra precautions we’re taking here at The Caker to ensure we are prepared for all scenarios and able to deliver to you safely, in line with the Government’s advice on preventing the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
Coronavirus is not considered a food safety issue by the Food Standards Agency or the EFSA (European Food Standards Authority) but as a food business, our main focus is on limiting the risk of spreading the virus through human contact.
What we are doing here at The Caker:
- We are aware of the situation and our hygiene practice is being maintained at our highest level.
- Washing hands for 30 seconds and sanitising hands after washing (above government recommendation as we are following Food Safety Standards) is being carried out.
- Hand sanitiser is available and we have NO VISITORS at all coming into the building.
- Orders are left in our secure porch for collection by Royal Mail each day. Royal Mail delivers them directly to the sorting office.
- We are self-isolating and do not leave the building other than to exercise once a day, we do not come into contact with anyone else.